Thursday, July 17, 2008

Can you Remember?

This question is for the husbands out there. Have you noticed that your wife misplaces everything? First, she lost her purse, then her keys, oh yeah where did she put her cell phone too? Studies have shown that there is a reason for that. Women who are pregnant or who have had children show an increase in short term memory loss. So for those who have not had children or who are not pregnant, sorry you can't use this excuse!

My husband always gets after me for having a hard time remembering where did I place things. See I have this habit of picking up things constantly and putting them in their place; but later I can't remember where that place was!

I really started noticing an increase in short term memory loss with the pregnancy of my 1st daughter. From there on it just seems to not have gotten better. Now that I am pregnant again, I am trying very hard to not forget things! Needless to say I still forget where I put my keys and cell phone on a daily basis.

This is a site for information on memory loss during pregnancy and afterward. It gives you some tips on how to regain your memory - so if this is a problem that you have, please by all means (at least for your husband) read up.

This next site is just some information from a study by CNN

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is for pregnant ladies and other ladies...So you know you have a hard time remembering where you put things right??? You've come to grips with this??? Pregnant lady or no pregnant lady... I say that because you know you lose things, you should keep a place that you always put certain items. Ex. Your cell phone... your keys... These are items that can really mess things up if you "misplace" them. If you put them in the same spot always you will never lose them.

Steve said...

"1st Daughter"? Did you find out what you are having and just let it slip?

Steve

Shannon Moser said...

No we did not find out, we had our ultra sound at 17 weeks which is too early - but if it is God's will for us to have more children we have a 50/50 chance everytime that Aunika could have a sister. I guess I never thought that what I wrote would cause others to think I was having a Girl!

About Me

Married to Brett Moser the love of my Life, we now have three wonderful girls. Aunika and Alayna; whom keep us very busy.

Our Girls

Our Girls