Sunday, July 27, 2008

Importance of Family


Wow, it has been awhile since my last blog. I have been on "vacation" from blogging! My mother came to town to visit us and take care of Aunika and I. My family lives about 8 hours away from us. So when we get a chance to visit, our normal day to day lives get put on hold.

When I was entering college it was easy to say "so long family" and place distance between us. Now realizing that my family is not so close it becomes harder, and harder to deal with the distance. With the addition of Aunika to our family it seems that my heart grows weary and aches for us to be closer to my family. There is something about seeing the joy that Aunika brings to my parents and bothers that makes me wish we were closer.

Brett constantly reminds me that we could be further away from them, and I understand we could. But my heart longs to be closer and even to strengthen my relationship with my parents. I think this must be step in the direction of maturity.

Just like my heart longs to be closer to family, our hearts should long and ache to be closer to God. God is our one and only true heavenly father. He is the one who placed us with our families, who has blessed each situation to fit into His perfect plan. So I would like to thank God for the life he has given me in the past, present, and future. Through the struggles, pain, and joy. The book of Job is one that comes to mind when I think about what is important. Through the joy, pain, trials, burdens in his life; He knew always that God would be there and that God had a plan for him.

"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." Hebrews 13:5b

No comments:

About Me

Married to Brett Moser the love of my Life, we now have three wonderful girls. Aunika and Alayna; whom keep us very busy.

Our Girls

Our Girls