Wednesday, November 5, 2008

creeper book A.K.A "facebook"

My husband Brett likes to call facebook "creeper book"! Which is funny to me, because it can be used as a tool to know what is going on in everyones lives that you know and don't know. What I find just absolutely amazing about facebook is that people either don't use their brains when using this Internet application or they just don't care about the influence and image that they can portray of themselves to others.

Recently I have noticed some very disturbing pictures of people that I know on facebook. Placed by themselves onto their pages. So what? Why do I care? Is it any of my business?

Here is the deal:
1) Now having daughters, I have seen pics of young girls parting, drinking, and dressing inappropriately.
2) These girls claim to be followers of Christ.
3) Everyone has parents, and is there no shame, if your parents saw these pics, and how would you feel if you saw what was going on with your child? Would you care, because in some way your child is a reflection of you and your family and what and who you represent.
4) What is your purpose in life? To party and have fun? Is that what you really think?
5) Can you only imagine who has seen these pictures (young girls) they know: young girls who look up to them or who did look up to them at one point.

Here is the second deal: (pictures of grown women - married women claiming to be followers of Christ) out partying.
1) I am not saying that you can not drink alcohol. Drinking is not sin - Drukeness is....
2) But when a grown - married woman places pictures of facebook for all to see of her partying
3) What does this say to your husband?
4) What does this say to other believers in Christ
5) Are we putting on an image that will reflect Christ and reflect his Glory?
6) What if you kids see these? They too probably have partying pics on facebook!

Facebook can be a great tool to communicate and share information with others. With use of discretion and purpose it is a great thing. It also can be a tool to destroy your reputation with believers and non-believers.

If your purpose in life is to bring glory to our God and savior Jesus Christ, then we should be doing that is all walks of life.

I am also saying too that I too am not perfect and I do not always make the right decisions or say/do the right things. I just wanted to share my opinion of good uses and bad uses of facebook.

So if you read this...do you think about what your life reflects? On facebook, e-mail, at home?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Thank you for that Shannon, please let me know if you ever see any inappropriateness on my daughter's Facebook, I try to monitor that but I miss things. Well said!!

About Me

Married to Brett Moser the love of my Life, we now have three wonderful girls. Aunika and Alayna; whom keep us very busy.

Our Girls

Our Girls